Followers

Friday, June 4, 2010

Introduction

Hello all! My name is Tiffany and I am about to experience something very unique and special. I have recently decided to become a surrogate for my aunt. I've decided to write this blog hoping it would be useful to someone else who is trying to make the decision on wether or not to be a surrogate. When I first started thinking about it, I looked and looked for a blog or something that would give me some information on someone's personal experience as a carrier. What did I find? NOTHING! I hope this will be as helpful to someone as is it fulfilling for me and beneficial for my aunt.

Now a little about me....

I'm 27. I've been married for 7 years and have 2 small kids. My daughter Nevaeh is 4 and my son Alex is 11 months. My family and I live in Nashville. My husband is a web programmer and I stay at home with my kids.

When I first started telling people I was going to be a carrier for my aunt they asked me how old she was thinking she was around the same age as my mom. Well, no, she is not in her 50's! Angie is 35. She lives in Minnesota with her husband Nate. She works at home as a nutritionist.

She needs me as her surrogate because in her early 20's she had cancer. I was young when she was sick so I don't know all the details but it ultimately resulted in her not being able to carry her own children.

We found this out about a year ago which is when I started thinking about doing this for her. It took me about 2 or 3 months to do my research and think about it before I offered to carry for her.  I volunteered to be her surrogate in the fall of last year and we started the process a couple of months ago in March.

1 comment:

  1. Tiff, I didn't know you were doing this! That is so awesome!! I hope it all goes well! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete